Sunday, January 29, 2012

Growing Belly, Growing Heart

It seems to me that as my belly is growing bigger, so is my heart. It is both opening and growing. Today at the grocery store, I stopped and looked at a Valentine's day display. I mean I really looked at it: I think I touched almost every single item that was part of the display. And, then, I thought to myself, "You know a holiday to let someone know how much you love them is a nice thing."

Those are hormones, you say. And, while I agree, there are hormones at play: I'm sure, for instance, that my weeping during commercials or during shows on network television is hormonally influenced.

However, I don't think that it is just hormones. It feels more permanent than that.

It feels as though my heart is getting ready to experience a whole new type of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment